- SEO is very simply a universally-recognised way of saying Search Engine Optimisation
- It’s not as scary as it sounds. It is simply a repeatable process that is used to send signals and messages to search engines like Google, Yahoo, Bing etc that your pages are worth showing to internet users.
- The more relevant your pages are, when someone does a search…the higher up the rankings scale you rise – the eventual aim is to be listed on page 1 of a Google search for your main search terms.
- SEO aims to improve the rankings of each page in your website organically – meaning without paying for ads…which can be extremely costly.
- SEO can be either of the ‘On-Page’ or ‘Off-Page’ variety as follows::
- On-Page is what we will start with and develop (with your help) when we build your website…it contains lots of technical components as well as some components that you can help with (in your content) such as:
- Primary keywords for each page
- Primary keywords in headings and sub-headings
- Keywords within the content of each page
- Keywords in image file names and ALT tags
- Clean SEO-friendly URLS with keywords included
- Meta tags for page titles and descriptions
- XML Sitemap
- Fast loading website speed
- txt customisation
- Consistent page layouts and structure
- Clear navigation structures
- The use of real images over stock images whenever available
- Simple navigation at the top of the page and in the footer
- The use of ‘breadcrumbs’ on each page
- The use of sharing widgets and plug-ins
- Testimonials and customer reviews placed on appropriate pages
- Off-Page refers to the things that can be done outside of your actual pages to help you raise your search rankings. Some of these include:
- Community creation in social media sites
- Forum Posts
- Search Engine submissions
- Directory submissions
- Social bookmarking
- Link exchange
- It also has some relevance to your on-page SEO as it also takes into account things such as how active you are on social media, whether you write blog articles, how relevant and unique your content is etc
It can take anything from 2-6 months (and sometimes longer to rank up in the first couple of pages…particularly if page 1 is your goal) so you need to be patient. It is also extremely important to ensure that whoever is undertaking your SEO for you on a regular monthly basis is a professional who is well-qualified to look after you.
There are many dodgy SEO operators doing the rounds at the moment. If your email inbox is anything like mine then you would be receiving 10-20 emails a day from companies wanting you to pay them for SEO services. On average an expert will charge you between $80 – $130 per hour and monthly packages usually average between $750 and $1,500 per month
We would be happy to have a chat with you about the SEO Packages that we can offer you. We only use experts in the field that actually get results…and at far more affordable prices than the averages quoted above.
It can’t hurt to have a chat with us on 0499 150 599, send us a message to firstname.lastname@example.org or by completing the form on our ‘Contact Us’ page to see what we may be able to offer you.
Our SEO packages are listed below